Did you buy diapers too? This week in episode 104, we look at how Australia’s first Amazon Prime Day went and how it was different from Amazon is the USA. In breaking news, we discuss Netflix’s earnings reports, how the big players are merging and acquiring to compete with them and what Netflix have to do to keep up. Lastly, we go through the long awaited updates to Apple’s Macbook Pro lineup and why no-one is really talking about them. As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch Podcast.
Episode 104. Recorded Tuesday 17 July 2018.
03:33 – Amazon Prime
- Whole Foods deal – spend $10 in store will get $10 Amazon credit – CNET
- Prime Day Australia is slammed on social media but exceeds forecasts – AFR
- Amazon suffers glitches at the start of Prime Day, its biggest shopping day of the year – CNBC
- Amazon’s ‘Prime Day’ exclusive event turns into a fizzer – Sydney Morning Herald
21:00 – Netflix earnings
- Netflix Reports Weaker-Than-Expected Number of New Subscribers – WSJ
- Netflix earnings report – Fox Business
30:25 – Macbook Pro
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.