It’s official – Apple is the first US company to be valued at over $1 trillion, with the other FAANGs hot on its heels. Also, did you know what a FAANG is? You will after you hear this episode! Meanwhile Tesla stocks surge after Elon’s big apology but is that real reason for the bounce back? Google is reportedly heading back to China – the world is not very happy about that. In local news, we go nuts about a bank innovating in the blockchain space and perhaps uprooting the way we trade internationally. Is it news?
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch Podcast.
Episode 105. Recorded Sunday 5 August 2018.
04:10 – Apple is now worth $1 trillion
- Apple’s $1 trillion milestone reflects the rise of mega companies | NY Times
- Apple not buying stake in Tesla could be Tim Cook’s biggest mistake | CNBC
12:14 – Tesla
- Elon Musk makes the ‘most valuable apology’ in history | CNBC
- Elon Musk shocks investors on Tesla earnings conference call | Financial Education YouTube
16:18 – Google in China
- Google reportedly planning to introduce censored search in China, Baidu drops 7.6% | Seeking Alpha
- Google is also said to be developing censored news app in China | TechCrunch
22:52 – Facebook & FAANG
- Facebook stock plummets 21% after Q2 growth slows | The Wrap
- Is Facebook really doing that badly? | Hacked
- What are FAANG stocks? | Investopedia
29:32 – Other & CommBank’s blockchain experiment
- Microsoft Surface Go review: small computer, big compromise | WSJ
- Logitech to acquire Blue Microphones | Logitech Blog
- Inside the mission to track Australian goods across the world and track the process using blockchain | Business Insider
- The “Trade-chain” experiment | CommBank
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.