Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9 is here and it’s blowing up the internet. Is the hype worth it? The world’s biggest tech unicorn has just released their first real device – the Magic Leap One. Just one condition, you have to be living in one of 6 specific cities in the US to get your hands and eyes on one. In local news, the NSW Govt and Atlassian have announced yet another tech innovation hub in Sydney, this time in Everleigh. What’s the big deal?
As always, we cover all angles using clips from different sources so you get everything you need to know, right here on The Lazy Couch Podcast.
Episode 106. Recorded Monday 13 August 2018.
00:00 – Intro
03:43 – Samsung Galaxy Note 9 event
- The 4 biggest announcements from Samsung’s Unpacked event | The Verge
- There’s too much hype for Note 9 | David Lee
- Samsung Galaxy Watch hands-on | Engadget
29:00 – Mid show break
- Maynard nominates The Lazy Couch as his one of top 3 go-to Australian podcasts | Australian Podcast Awards
31:11 – Magic Leap One
- Magic Leap One headset out now for $2,295, but only in 6 US cities | cnet
- Joanna Stern’s review | WSJ youtube
42:43 – Sydney’s new Tech Hub
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The outro music is ‘Sorry’ by Comfort Fit.