Ever wondered what Twitter would be like in Virtual Reality? Or what the future is for self-driving cars? Or how about what if robot had feelings? Well you’ve come to the right place.
Episode 65 is all about AI, robots, VR and autonomous vehicles. As we ponder what a self-driving future might look like, we breakdown all the negative press surrounding Tesla’s first reported fatal crash and the ridiculous calls for its demise.
Twitter is getting into VR and AR, and on first glance, this may not make much sense but we think there may be some key use cases and if we’re right, it could upend how we consume our entertainment forever.
We also cover some stories coming out now about 2016’s Nexus phones, next year’s Apple Watch 2 and a whole lot more including cute robot pets and not-so-cute robots that want to leave the humans behind. This and so much more on the 65th episode of The Lazy Couch podcast – your weekly feed on tech news, gadgets and pop culture.
Episode 65. Recorded Monday 4 July 2016.
Download episode 65 (mp3)
00:00 – Intro
04:18 – Rumours
- Specs for “Sailfish” – upcoming HTC-built Nexus device | Android Police
- Waterproof Apple Watch 2 to sport GPS | Wearable
08:30 – Virtually Twitter
13:29 – Bots, Robots and AI
- The DoNotPay bot has beaten 160k traffic tickets and counting | Venture Beat
- Anki’s Cozmo robot is the real-life WALL-E you’ve been waiting for | The Verge
- This robot keeps trying to escape a lab in Russia | Science Alert
- Video: Promobot IR77 causes a minor traffic jam in Russia | YouTube
- New AI beats tactical experts in combat simulation | Uni of Cincinnati
- Smacc builds AI to automate all your accounting | TechCrunch
26:22 – Xiaomi and Daydream
- Daydream VR is Google’s headset | CNET
- Xiaomi to launch its own VR headset in August, reveals GM | First Post
31:54 – First Tesla Fatal Accident
- ‘Self-driving’ Tesla was involved in a fatal crash | New York Times
- Tesla’s statement: A tragic loss | Tesla Blog
- Scant oversight of self-driving technology | WSJ