It’s the year 2000 all over again, as Nokia steals the show at MWC by releasing a new version of their infamous phone – the 3310. All the other Android phone makerers were there – including LG, Huawei, Blackberry and Sony.
In other news, we’ve officially merged with a parallel universe as Suicide Squad takes home an Oscar. Or did they? Find out on episode 87 of The Lazy Couch podcast.
Episode 87. Recorded Wednesday 1 March 2017.
00:00 – Intro
04:10 – Mobile World Congress Special
- The LG G6 is sleek, solid, and surprisingly sensible | The Verge
- LG Watch Sport and Style review | Engadget
- Everything the can (and can’t) do with the new Nokia 3310 | Gizmodo
- The new Nokia 3310 won’t work in Australia | whistleOut
- Nokia targets affordable Android with Nokia 6, 5 and 3 | Pocket-lint
- Huawei’s new P10 is the P9 with a little bit of iPhone and 2017 thrown in | The Verge
- Blackberry is back, for real this time, with the KEYone | Gizmodo
- Staedtler and Samsung made an old-school pencil-like S Pen | engadget
- Mobile World Congress 2017: the biggest news from MWC | Circuit Breaker
50:00 – Up/Down Report
- iPhone X rumours from WSJ | Techcrunch
- SpaceX plans to send 2 tourists around moon in 2018 | NY Times
- Will Travis Kalanick last as Uber CEO? | Techcrunch
- Work in tech? New Zealand will pay to help you move | Afar
The Lazy Couch is a geek culture podcast hosted by Kelvin Lee and Geoff Kim, based out of Sydney Australia. Topics range from the latest trends in technology to comic book movies and all things geeky. If you enjoyed listening to us, you can help the show by leaving us a review on iTunes or get in touch with us on @thelazycouch.
The intro music is ‘Helix Nebula’ by Anamanaguchi.